Only a 45 min train ride from Penn Station and a 5 minute Uber and you're in Edison with 60+ professionals for a day that promises to exceptional. Catch in-person, or online, whichever you prefer! (Recordings and materials sent out after, and 1.5 Ethics and 5 Type 2 BACB available)
Monday, April 24th, 2017
Pines Manor, 2085 New Jersey 27, Edison, NJ 08817
(You can join in online, too!)
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern, with a 1-hour lunch break.
What should I expect to experience from the Revolution Summit?
We have planned the day so that each workshop flows with the workshop before it.
- We aim to build some historical context on fringe applications/technologies that many behavior analyst are not aware of from the depths of behavior analysis. The aim of this first presentation is that each participant is more familiar with the nifty applications from the history of behavior analysis. Of course, we are limited on time so we will only be able to go into a few that we believe most behavior analyst or students of the science of behavior analysis are not aware of - the rest will be shared over time on this website.
- The second presentation will focus on how behavior analytic technologies have become participatory members of mainstream applications embedded inside of other fields that many of us have experienced but may not see as behavioral technology.
- Our third presentation will start to feel a little more like a workshop and will allow participants to identify push-in fields that they could contribute to in ways that allow them to build their skill sets but to also benefit a wider range of consumers outside of the reach of mainstream behavior analysis now.
- Learn how to select markets that are ready for behavior analytic technologies, this will allow participants to identify their interest areas and select areas to make committed action plans to start working towards.
- Return to our comfort zone as behavior analyst but focus on how a practitioner can use their current work site to build novel skill sets to prepare them to be more diverse practitioners.
- Focus on an area that requires specialized training and how to hold to behavior analytic routes when you start to integrate more formally with other fields.
- Finally we will wrap the day up with each participant making a brief video segment ( or if they are uncomfortable with a video then a written plan) on how they will commit to expanding the reach of behavior analysis as an area of practice over the next months, years, and decades.
Who are the anticipated target audience members that will benefit the most from this workshop?
Although it is cliché, we expect most behavior analyst could benefit from the workshop... now let me explain that a little bit. Even if you are a seasoned behavior analyst, we as a science of human behavior know that committed events can alter the future probability of similar response actions over a specified period. So if you are a seasoned behavior analyst, we hope that the building of the community will create contingencies that allow you to follow through with your dreams of expanding the science. We also hope that early students will be able to explore the history, learn how to expand their skills, reach a community of people with similar interest, and expand the science in the process.